Genesis 30:1-8 (NIV) 1 “When Rachel saw that she was not bearing Jacob any children, she became jealous of her sister. So she said to Jacob, “Give me children, or I’ll die!” 2 Jacob became angry with her and said, “Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having children?” 3 Then she said, “Here is Bilhah, my servant. Sleep with her so that she can bear children for me and I too can build a family through her.” 4 So she gave him her servant Bilhah as a wife. Jacob slept with her, 5 and she became pregnant and bore him a son. 6 Then Rachel said, “God has vindicated me; he has listened to my plea and given me a son.” Because of this she named him Dan. 7 Rachel’s servant Bilhah conceived again and bore Jacob a second son. 8 Then Rachel said, “I have had a great struggle with my sister, and I have won.”
SHE BECAME JEALOUS OF HER SISTER (verse 1)!
When we look at our sister’s situation sometimes, that old ugly, evil, vicious spirit of jealousy will rise up out of seemingly nowhere. But the origin of it is our flesh and we have to cut it off at the root because jealousy can fester in something even uglier. But even deeper than ourselves, the enemy has established a world system (Jesus called Satan the prince of this world because this is his domain). In the system, the media, movies, and public figures do worldly things to push the enemy’s agenda – to include pitting us against each other. How? Depicting certain sizes and complexions. Creating shows in which cheating with someone’s husband is not just ok but promoted. We allow all these things to go in our spirit and it causes dissension and even strife between us. The bottom line is that we have to know our worth. We have to realize that we are worth far more than rubies. Period.
These are some lessons to consider and confessions to speak over our lives to bind the spirit of jealousy, competition, covetousness, and vanity in the name of Yeshua!
LESSON ONE: COVET NOT YOUR SISTER’S BLESSINGS
1. I am in the world but I am not of the world; I renounce the spirit of jealousy and quarreling and conflict against my sisters in the name of Yeshua (1 Corinthians 3:3).
2. I have Holy Ghost power on the inside of me to cast down thoughts about other women and cast out spirits of jealousy and envy and covetousness. I will cast my cares, my flesh, my desires, and insecurities on Yeshua.
3. I know that a man can’t give me what only God Himself can give. Only God can fill my void. Only Jehovah can make me whole. Only Jehovah can satisfy my soul, my thirst, and my desires. I depend on Jehovah.
4. I will not go into my marriage thinking my husband can fix what’s broken in me. I will not try to make my husband give me things to compete with another woman. I receive my healing from Yeshua (Jesus) now.
LESSON TWO: DO NOT TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS.
5. I will test my spirit by the Spirit of God and check the motives of my own heart. Why do I want the things I’m vying for and dying to have? My heart is fixed in Jesus’s name.
6. I will not get involved in another counterfeit relationship; I will not rush God in connecting me with my husband; I will not take matters into my own hands trying to manipulate a man to marry me.
7. I will not allow my body to be used as a punching bag for sex or for fists; I am worth far more than rubies.
LESSON THREE: STOP COMPETING WITH YOUR SISTER.
8. I rebuke the competitive spirit that causes me to try to make something happen for myself that isn’t God’s plan for me at this time. I will wait on His set and appointed (Kairos) time.
9. I rebuke the competitive spirit that makes me say ugly things about my sister; makes me judge my sister; and makes me criticize my sister.
10. I rebuke the competitive spirit that makes me try to take my sister’s man or sleep with her husband.
Do you know your worth? You and your sisters are worth far more than rubies. You are not her competition and she isn’t yours. We are all so worthy to our Lord and Savior Yeshua! Know your worth! Order your tee now! Click Here: