Ephesians 5:25-32 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.”
Who wants an Ephesians 5 man?God, through Apostle Paul, has given us the characteristics of a husband here in Ephesians Chapter 5. It is up to us to adhere to His instructions and wait until Jehovah manifests this man for us.
Ephesians 5 Husbands do the following:
1. Husbands love us as Yeshua loves the church. He gives up himself for us, makes a sacrifice for us, dies to himself and his desires for us. That is love.
2. Husbands make us holy, cleansing us by washing us with the water through the word. Know the Word for yourself. We are not your teachers. You already know the Word and have a relationship through your own study and prayer time. Then, as the head of us, you are able to cleanse us by washing with water through the word. When we are in error, you are the example and you clean us up. When we need guidance you use the word to steer us in the right direction. To wash us with water through the word he has to know the Word.
3. Husbands must present us to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any blemish but holy and blameless. As a result of his washing us, he must regularly assess his washing to see if we are without stain and holy. Jehovah will not only hold us accountable for ourselves but our husbands are our covering and they help to hold us accountable. They have to be holy and blameless to be the models for us.
4. Husbands must love us as they love their own bodies. This is sacrificial love too. They will take time to wash their cars and shine em up really good. Whatever they would think to do for themselves (feed, care for, provide for, treat, etc.), they do it for us. He thinks of us when he thinks of himself. That’s why it is imperative that we wait for Jehovah to send us a “whole” and healed man. We are members of our husband’s body. He who loves himself loves his wife and he who hates and mistreats his wife has already done it to himself.
5. Husbands leave their father and mother and cling to and be united as one with us. No family member should be able to interfere, meddle, or come between us and our husbands.
Wives, we must submit to our husbands in EVERYTHING and respect them. Those are the commands Yeshua gives to us. When you know your worth, you can submit! Order our “Worth Far More Than Rubies” tee now at www.drjarmory.com!