What ever happened to walking in this kind of power and authority? The healing, casting out demons deliverance, preaching to those we presume aren’t the elect and them being saved, and raising the dead from the dead kind of power… Oh I know what happened.
1) We’re more ministry focused than mission focused.
2) Our faith has been shaken so much so that we reserve that kind of power and authority to those who walked with Jesus or with a Damascus Road experience.
3) We’ve mistaken the enemy’s limited authority in the air and in the world for authority over believers when he has none.
4) We want the world. We’ve made this place our home. New Jerusalem? What’s that? “Let’s gain this world and lose our souls,” we say with our actions.
5) We just don’t believe it’s possible or true. We are clueless about a third realm even though God elevated us there right next to Jesus.
How about we start to live in such a surreal spiritual surrendered state that the Holy Spirit can speak to us and say, “Lay hands on her legs now,” and fill us with Holy Ghost power to heal.
He can say to us, “Her, over there. She has an impure spirit. Do deliverance work now.” And the power of the Holy Spirit fills us to cast out impure spirits in her. And we will not be afraid when the strongman or ruling spirit speaks to us and says he isn’t leaving [We still have believers who don’t believe in demons with as much deliverance work that Jesus did during his ministry…].
How about when we pass through the stores in the mall, people will rush to the aisles so our shadow might fall on them and heal and bless and deliver them because of the power of the Holy Ghost that fills us. What ever happened to walking in this kind of power and authority? Dr.J.
Acts 5:15 NIV “As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by.”