When someone does us wrong we can have self-control, faith and the peace of God or we can repay “evil for evil.” When someone does us wrong we can handle it in the flesh or in the spirit.
When operating in the flesh you can do one or more of the following:
1. Cuss them slap out
2. Physically fight them
3. Get revenge by doing something wrong back to them
4. Gossip about them or
5. Post subliminal remarks in social media or repost/retweet something directed toward them.
When operating in the power of the Holy Spirit you will do the following:
1. Pray for those who spitefully use and abuse you
2. Refrain from repaying evil for evil but let God avenge you
3. Let God prepare a table for you in their presence of your enemies
4. Minister to them and
5. Bless them and do not curse them.
God said be Holy because He is Holy. He said that Jesus is our example and we are to respond to conflict, drama, lies, and scandal the way Jesus would. God says never repay evil for evil. God says vengeance is His. Remember what you’ve fast about. Remember what you’ve sacrificed for 19 days. If we can’t handle the attacks at this level, how will we respond when we are elevated and God gives us triple for our trouble and then the attacks triple? We share in the suffering of Christ. It comes with the territory. He wants us to have self-control. He wants us to have faith that He will handle it. He wants us to have His peace about it. He wants us to handle it in the spirit. Say, “DIE flesh, die!” Dr.J.
Fruit of the Spirit:
Week Two Bible Reading:
2 Chronicles 20
1 Peter 4:12 (NIV)
Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)
1 Peter 5:8 (NIV) (Week 2)
Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV) (Week 2)
Ephesians 6:10-12 (KJV) (Week 1)
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV) (Week 1)
#2016FastDrJ #WeAreAtWarFightHarder #Faith