Confirmation! When God tells me to do something, I obey. One of my sisters texted me and asked, “Can you lead the fasts like you used to do” corporately through social media? I received another inbox from a sister, “It’s time for a fast.” I woke up this morning and my devotional scripture was on Esther declaring a 3-day fast.
So, it’s fasting season. We fast November, December, and January to get clarity about God’s perfect will for us, spiritual wisdom, for vision, healing, and for intimacy with God. But as a result of our obedience, we get those things plus favor, miraculous provision, breakthroughs, spiritual stamina, and open doors.
Please be in prayer as we begin. We will consider a few types of Biblical fasts according to Jentzen Franklin:
1. Esther fast-3 day fast for favor in the time of crisis (no food or drink) (Esther 4:16)
2. Daniel fast 21 – day fast (vegetables, fruits, water) for understanding of God’s vision for you (Daniel 10:2-3)
3. Self examination fast (one day fast) check up on yourself spiritually things in me not like you (Leviticus 23:27)
4. Fast before battle (from day til evening) (Judges 20)
5. Fasting to lift God’s judgment from another’s life (1 Kings 21:27-29)
6. Fasting for healing (Isaiah 58)
7. Dominion fast (40 day fast) for dominion and authority and power of the Spirit (Matthew 4)
November (December and January) Fasting Plan
-1 day (weekly for 5 weeks) on Wednesday no food or drink
-3 days (weekly for 5 weeks or once in November) on Monday through Wednesday no food or drink
-21 days (November 1 @ 6pm through November 21 @ 6pm) fruits, vegetables, water only
-30 days (November 1 @ 6pm through November 30 @ 6pm) fruits, vegetables, water only
-40 days (November 1 @ 6pm through December 10 @ 6pm)
We will follow the same fasting pattern for November through January. If God tells you to go five days or seven days, be obedient to the Holy Spirit. You can’t just “diet” but you must study God’s Word daily and pray throughout the day. You must flee from sin and evil. You must meditate and listen to God when He speaks. You must obey.
Check in with me every day you’re fasting. Check my Facebook page daily for scriptures, devotions, and encouragement. Be in prayer for us. God loves us so much and He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think. Hundreds of you have joined me before and I’m looking forward to what God is going to do in us through us, and for us during these series of fasts. Dr.J.